- Dr. Anja Kuhnhold (Senior postdoc, Habilitandin)
- Dr. Andreas Härtel (Senior postdoc, Habilitand)
- Dr. Maxim Dolgushev (Senior Postdoc, Habilitand)
- Marko Mravlak (PhD student, INTER FNR-DFG)
- Mohit Dixit (PhD student, INTER FNR-DFG)
- Hugues Meyer (PhD student, FNR-AFR)
- Graziano Amati (PhD student, Universität Freiburg)
- Arshia Atashpendar (PhD student, Universität Freiburg)
- Fabian Coupette (Master student)
- Jonas Grimm (Master student)
- Renate Kaiser (assistant)
- Associated to the group in Luxembourg:
- Amir Taghavi (PhD student with Josh Berryman)
- Ali Zanjani (PhD student with Josh Berryman)
Soft condensed matter
We are interested in statistical mechanics
and "soft condensed matter".
Soft condensed matter means everything which is dense, but can easily be
deformed. Most biological materials
are soft condensed matter and many "everyday substances" such as paint,
shampoo or yoghurt.
We are doing computer simulations (Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics) and theory (Density Functional Theory, Projection Operator Formalism).
At the moment we study
We also work on less physics-related topics, such as chess and pacman.
- Dynamic coarse-graining based on time-dependent projection operators
- Crystallization in simple model systems (hard spheres, Lennard Jones)
- Cholesteric liquid crystals
- Thin organic semiconductor films
- Rare event sampling in non-equilibrium
If you are interested in doing your Bachelor/Master thesis with us,
you are welcome to apply!
Rare Event Sampling Code
We have introduced a new scheme to efficiently sample rare events
in full non-equilbrium.
If you would like to use it, download the code